What is an RSIM?
The R-SIM 16 is a way to unlock an iPhone that has been locked to one carrier.
A new version is released each year: RSIM 9, RSIM 10, RSIM 11, etc… The R-SIM 16 is the most recent version for 2021
It’s an interposer SIM, meaning it’s a little circuit that sits on top of your regular SIM inside your iPhone to allow a phone that had been “locked” to one network to be used with any network of your choice.
What are the advantages of using R-SIM 16 to unlock a phone?
The R-SIM 16 is:
- Inexpensive: costs less than $30
- Safe: doesn’t void your warranty
- Effective: works with a wide range of carriers and countries. Your iPhone will operate the same as a factory unlocked device including SMS, data and calls
- Compatible: works for all iPhone models since iPhone 5S, including iPhone 6, 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone SE, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Updateable: works on all iOS versions, up to and including iOS 14.3, past iOS, and all future updates
- Relatively easy to use (more on this below!)
What are the disadvantages of R-SIM 16?
Here are some of the drawbacks:
- Not instant: it’s a physical product that needs to ship to you, so shipping takes a few days
- iPhone only: if you’re looking to unlock an Android device… sorry, RSIM is made specifically for iPhone
- Manual updates: when you update your iOS, you may need to enter a 20-digit number called an ICCID code. This takes 1-2 minutes and the codes are always free on our website. More on this below.
Why does the R-SIM need “manual updates”? Is this hard to do?
Although R-SIM16 is compatible with all current and future iOS versions, when you upgrade to the newest iOS you will need to type in an ICCID code in order to update the software.
The ICCID code is 20 digits, and entered through a special RSIM menu in your iPhone. We always list the most recent ICCID here so you won’t need to look far to find it. The ICCID codes are free and always will be.
Entering the code is easy and the whole thing shouldn’t take more than 1 or 2 minutes, but of course, it would be even better if it was done automatically.
If you really hate the idea of manual updates, we recommend ordering X-SIM: it’s very similar to R-SIM, works on all iPhones, costs just a few dollars more, but all updates are done automatically: no setup menu, no update codes, everything is automatic.
Is R-SIM 16 a good way to unlock my iPhone?
If you like a wallet-friendly option and are willing to wait a few days and enter a code in your phone once or twice per year, we definitely recommend the R-SIM 16 as the most affordable way to safely and effectively unlock an iPhone.
Nervous about the ICCID codes? Don’t be! We provide full support and instructions for our customers, so you’ll never feel alone. For a little more convenience, X-SIM is another similar option with automatic updates.
GeveyStore has been the #1 source of SIM unlocking solutions since 2012, and RSIM is one of our bestselling products. Buy yours here for a reliable, affordable unlock.